Pinchinthorpe mid-week bike-O


As part of their 'cycling week', Redcar & Cleveland Borough Council ask CLOK to stage an evening Bike-O from the Pinchinthorpe Forestry Commission visitor centre near Guisborough. Paul and Linda T have been stalwarts in doing the planning and on the day organisation for several years, and this year on Thursday 15 June was no exception.

This year, for some unknown reason, the event clashed with one of the Tees Forest 5km trail races, which was a bit of a shame. There was also some football match on the TV, which might have affected the turnout, but more fool those who stayed at home - you can watch hundred's of matches on the box, and you can watch the same match again and again and again, if you so wish. But you only get one chance a year to do a bike-O from Pinchinthorpe in Hutton Lowcross Woods!!

Rode really quite strongly for me - the 'training effect' of having done the duathlons. I managed to get all controls in 70 minutes (75 mins allowed before penalties kick in), but Conrad blasted round in 55 mins!! Impressive!

Best of all, I got around without falling off - I still have nightmares about my crash in the woods 3 or 4 years ago, when I broke my collarbone in 2 places. Confronting my demons again!!

Results for the evening are here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

They'll only remember you for your mistakes........

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.........

So what's the score with Score Orienteering?