Those were the days...

Whilst doing some sorting out at home, I came across some of my old training diaries.

The spring of 1983 appears to have been the time for some serious mileage, with 3 weeks at 70 miles +.

One week I appear to have been determined to break the 80 mile barrier. I was staying in Newcastle on study leave from work, so was able to get out twice a day (just to clear the mind, of course! ). This is how the week 21 to 27 March 1983 went:

Monday - pm Jesmond, Heaton, Town Moor 6.75 miles
Tuesday - am Town Moor, Jesmond Dene 6.5 miles - pm as above 6.75 miles - total for day 13.5 miles
Wednesday - as Tuesday - total for day 13.5 miles
Thursday - as Tuesday - total for day 13.5 miles
Friday - am Town Moor, Jesmond Dene - 6.5 miles
Saturday - Guisborough Woods, Codhill to Belmangate - 6.75 miles
Sunday - am Orienteering race at Hovingham - 5 miles + warm up and down - 7 miles
THEN Sunday pm - York Run (Half Marathon - 74.30!) - 13.1 miles + warm up - 14 miles - total for day - 21 miles
Weeks total mileage - 80.75 miles!!

I suppose it must have done me some good (I ran 71.25 for a half marathon on 10 April), but I do now wonder, some 27 years later, how I had the time and energy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.........

They'll only remember you for your mistakes........