Those were the days...

Whilst doing some sorting out at home, I came across some of my old training diaries.

The spring of 1983 appears to have been the time for some serious mileage, with 3 weeks at 70 miles +.

One week I appear to have been determined to break the 80 mile barrier. I was staying in Newcastle on study leave from work, so was able to get out twice a day (just to clear the mind, of course! ). This is how the week 21 to 27 March 1983 went:

Monday - pm Jesmond, Heaton, Town Moor 6.75 miles
Tuesday - am Town Moor, Jesmond Dene 6.5 miles - pm as above 6.75 miles - total for day 13.5 miles
Wednesday - as Tuesday - total for day 13.5 miles
Thursday - as Tuesday - total for day 13.5 miles
Friday - am Town Moor, Jesmond Dene - 6.5 miles
Saturday - Guisborough Woods, Codhill to Belmangate - 6.75 miles
Sunday - am Orienteering race at Hovingham - 5 miles + warm up and down - 7 miles
THEN Sunday pm - York Run (Half Marathon - 74.30!) - 13.1 miles + warm up - 14 miles - total for day - 21 miles
Weeks total mileage - 80.75 miles!!

I suppose it must have done me some good (I ran 71.25 for a half marathon on 10 April), but I do now wonder, some 27 years later, how I had the time and energy!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So what's the score with Score Orienteering?

'O' where shall we stay this weekend!

They'll only remember you for your mistakes........